The Workers’ Compensation Institute (WCI) strives to be the premier conference where the industry can come together to learn, connect and serve to make a positive impact. After announcing the postponement of the annual in-person August conference due to COVID-19, we worked hard to find the best platform to deliver a snapshot of the excellent content we had planned for you in 2020. While it is simply impossible to virtualize the full experience that WCI offers in person, we were excited to present WCIvirtual last week – a FREE three day virtual mini-educational forum featuring sessions from some of the most popular breakouts year over year. We cannot thank you all enough for being a part of WCIvirtual, attending the sessions, and generously supporting Give Kids The World! Stay tuned for more to come from WCI soon!
Over 1,900 people registered, with approximately 500-800+ people attending each session. From our initial analysis, we had a diverse mix of employee types attend – CEO, Risk Management, HR, Claims Adjuster, Executive level insurance carriers and TPAs, Attorney, Judges, Vendors. In addition, we had many companies from the mid-west and west coast!
According to our 400 survey responses:
- 80% felt the presenters knowledge of the session content was excellent
- 75% felt the presenters had excellent presentation skills
- 90% said the virtual experience met or exceed their expectations, as well as met their professional development needs
- 87% said they plan to attend the 2021 conference, while 24% said their companies plan to exhibit or sponsor next year (*many of the respondents were in a claims role within their organization, not a service provider or a company that would normally exhibit).
- 76% said they would be interested in attending future virtual events hosted by WCI
- 24% said they would only be interested in attending virtual events free of charge
Thank you for your support of the WCIvirtual Give Kids The World Lunch Sessions! We are thrilled to announce that WCIvirtual raised $62,000 from sponsorships and $31,072 from the virtual silent auction/Treasure Chest/direct donations for GKTW! We are also excited to share that we’ve teamed up with GKTW to provide 3 different at home volunteer projects that you can do with your family or friends in the safety of your own home. Thank you for your continued support and for more information, please visit wci360.com/give-back.