Work Comp Group Captives: Are Employers Getting Full Disclosure to Make an Informed Decision
10:10 – 11:10 am
Crystal Ballroom J1
Even though they are not new in the marketplace, group captives seem to be on the mind and “tip of the tongue” of many insurance agents. Some agents have even decided to “lead with group captives,” and endeavor to differentiate themselves with this specific risk financing arrangement. It is likely fair to assert the following statements about group captives:
- There is a place for group captives in the risk financing continuum;
- Full disclosure of the risks is frequently lacking in the group captive sales process, and
- There is a certain percentage of group captive members that don’t
fully understand the arrangement, and have not made an informed decision.
In this session, participants will learn:
- Why insurance agents get so “hyped up” about group captives;
- Aspects of group captives that you won’t hear from captive managers, and captive promoters; and
- What insurance agents should disclose about the advantages and disadvantages of group captives.
St. Petersburg, FL
Track: Insurance AgentsView All Sessions