Interests Of Injured Workers vs. Everything Else – Worker as The Primary Focus
11:00 – 12:00 pm
Grand Ballroom 8A
This panel of professionals will deal with:
- Incentivizing positive claims outcomes while “rooting out” practices that, through the law of unintended consequences, prolong claims and incentivize poor outcomes — usually via false economies in the guise of “aggressive defense.”
- Addressing how ingrained incentives of injured workers’ counsel can be at cross purposes with those of claims handlers, and how best to reconcile the two.
- The short-term gain spoiled by long-term perils: high case/claim volume loads among adjusters.
- Greater emphasis needed on comprehensive health/wellness pro- grams.
- Realistic grappling with comorbidities and pre-existing conditions.
- Programs for effective communications with the injured worker helping in many cases obviate need for legal representation.
Anderson Crawley & Burke
Global Claims Analyst\Legal Risk Management Team
Tara Acton, Attorney
Claims Manager & Corporate Counsel CenturyLink
Midwest Claims Manager
Reyes Holdings LLC