Integrating Professional Employer Organizations (PEO) and The Independent Agency System
10:15 – 11:15 am
Crystal Ballroom J1
Historically, licensed insurance agents and Professional Employer Organizations have had some success in developing partnerships together and there have been more than a few PEO’s born out of the independent agency model. The agency brings the PEO insurance sophistication and deal flow and the PEO brings the independent agency value-added services such as payroll, human resources and regulatory compliance. It seems like the perfect integration of professional services, potentially in a one-stop arrangement in an integrated manner. There have also been misunderstandings and mistrust of the PEO model. Our panelists will explore the following subjects in detail to include but not limited to:
– Historic issues with the distribution relationship between independent agents and PEOs
– Changes in the national regulatory landscape for PEOs and independent agents when transacting co-employment
– Current definition of a PEO and value propositions
– Health insurance as a PEO driver and its impact on PEOs
– What does the future bring for PEOs and how do independent agents fit in?
We anticipate a lively and dynamic discussion with each panel member being successful in deploying the PEO model with or as independent agents. We anticipate a diverse audience of independent agents, PEO’s, regulators, claims adjusters, and others that provide third-party support to independent agency operations and PEO’s.
Senior Vice President of Sales
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Stonehenge Insurance Agency
Track: Insurance AgentsView All Sessions