Employee who Threatened to ‘Shoot Up’ Brewery Fired

Liz Carey

Milwaukee, WI (WorkersCompensation.com) — A little over a year after a mass shooting at Molson Coors, another former employee has been charged with threatening to open fire on the same facility.

Online court records show that Jamal Jury, 28, of Milwaukee, was arrested on Saturday and charged with making terrorist threats and sending threatening computer messages.

His threats came just 16 months after he was suspended from his job for threatening to open fire inside the facility during a workplace argument. That same day, in February 2020, another man, Anthony Ferrill, entered the facility and started shooting. The incident left five dead. Ferrill then took his own life.

Jury was questioned in that event, but investigators determined he had no connection to the shooting.

But on June 2, officials at the plant contacted law enforcement, according to the criminal complaint, and reported Jury had threatened the same thing again.

Investigators said a union representative had called Jury to tell him that he had lost his arbitration hearing and that his employment had been terminated.

According to the complaint, the union representative told police that Jury replied, “So I guess I’m out of here fired. I got nothing to lose. What’s to stop me from going down the street? I just live down the street what’s to stop me from shooting up the place?”

Officials at the plant increased security and escorted several employees who had a history with Jury to secure locations. The company also notified employees of the threat via email and indicated they were increasing security around the plant. Employees were given the option to leave the facility and work from home, if applicable.

Another employee told investigators that reading about the threat made “the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.”

One employee told investigators that Jury had sent him a text message saying he wanted to “shoot the brewery up” in August 2020.

Jury was arrested on June 5, court records indicate. He was charged with one felony count of terrorist threats – public panic or fear, and one misdemeanor count of computer message – threaten/injury or harm in relation to the text message.

While executing a search warrant on Jury’s home, police found a “CBC Luger 9mm brass cartridge casing with copper jacketed bullet” in his bedroom, the complaint states.

In a court appearance on June 6, Jury was ordered not to have any contact with any Molson Coors employee, as well as several individuals listed by their names and last initials. Jury was also ordered to stay away from the Molson Coors plant.

If found guilty, he could face up to three and a half years in jail.

News brought to you by WorkersCompensation.com